The Kamehameha Scholars Program is accepting applications for next year! We will be accepting rising 9th graders for admissions to our program for 17-18 school year. Please see more information about our program below and let me know if you are interested in our program coming to present to your students. If there isn’t time to present, I attached our flyer and application and can also drop off hard copies if you would like.
The Kamehameha Scholars program benefits high school students interested in college and career planning with the help of program advisors. Year-round workshops and activities are designed to ease the stress of preparing for college. More information about the program can be found at: http://apps.ksbe.edu/kscholars/. Students who complete the program will earn a valuable tuition scholarship.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: DEADLINE APRIL 28TH
1. Reside on the islands of Hawai‘i, O’ahu, Kaua’i or Maui.
2. Be entering grade 9 and not currently enrolled full-time at one of Kamehameha Schools’ three campuses.
3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and be in good standing at their current school (good behavior and conduct).
4. Attend workshops and complete assignments.
5. Identify a significant adult in their life who will actively support and participate in the program.
6. Complete a medical form with parents’ and physician’s signatures.
The mission of the Kamehameha Scholars program is to support Native Hawaiian students in achieving a higher education degree, entering the career of their choosing, and cultivating their ability to be servant leaders. The program is a supplementary educational enrichment program with a focus on college and career guidance. Students will discover and assess their skills, interests, and values and explore matching post-high institutions and career options to develop plans for their future. Kamehameha Scholars is a year-round program, beginning with an introduction to the program for new scholars during the summer prior to their first year in the program. Workshops and other guidance activities are held during non-school times—primarily weekends, evenings, and school intersessions—at various times during the school year.
Please see below for the entry on our programs landing page on the live page http://www.ksbe.edu/programs/.
The links will click through:
- Apply now: https://apps.ksbe.edu/admissions/